Sunday, November 9, 2008

Uncle Bubba's

Last weekend I was in Savannah, Georgia attending a conference and taking in some good southern cookin'. One of our first stops was Uncle Bubba's Oyster House. Just in case you don't know, Bubba is Paula Deen's brother. This is one of two restaurants she owns in Savannah. I was SOOOOO impressed with the food - it was fantastic! Below are some of the things we tried:

Crab Stew - it was so thick you could eat it with a fork!


Mini cornbread muffins and of course, butter.

Appetizer Sampler - Fried Dill Pickles (I don't like pickles, but these were GOOD), Calamari, Crab Bites, and Shrimp Quesadillas.

Crab Stuffed Flounder
Shrimp and Grits - I'm not originally from the south, so only recently have I learned about grits. And until this trip, my grits experience has consisted of Waffle House. These grits were pretty amazing.

Obviously I did not eat all of these dishes myself, but I sure tasted each one. Paula Deen is famous for lots of butter, whipping cream, cream cheese, sour cream, etc...basically anything fattening, and these dishes were not lacking in the fat category. I fully intended on having a piece of Key Lime Pie for dessert, but that was no longer necessary after all of this food.

One last picture of the inside of the restaurant - very casual, and enjoyable. Sorry I don't have more pics of the outside, it was dark, so couldn't really get any good shots.

If you're ever in Savannah, I suggest y'all stop by!

2 comments:

MommaJen said...

Love that Paula Deen!

Jenn said...

It all looks so good.