Sunday, January 3, 2010

Spatulas

Every year for Christmas, we usually ask for some type of cooking utensils, and this year it was spatulas. My husband does a majority of the cooking at our house, and I also enjoy shopping for cooking items, cookbooks, watching cooking shows, etc, but I don't really do a lot of cooking. (Maybe it's because I'm too busy stamping?!?!)
Well, for our wedding (6 1/2 years ago), we got the 2 yellow silicone spatulas (count 5 and 6 from the left) and they are the BEST spatulas ever. They came from some mom and pop cooking store in central Iowa. This year we asked for some more of those spatulas...well, that store doesn't have them anymore, so instead, we were given 3 LeCreuset spatulas (5 blue and 6 white from the right, and another green not pictured here ~~ all very nice!). So, today, when putting away the Christmas items, we decided to count and see just how many spatulas we have (we've asked for them for Christmas other years as well...)....so....drum roll....we now have 23! And then decided on retiring 5, so we're back to 18. Still probably enough, don't you think?

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Funny...You know I don't have very many spatulas, tons of spoons though.

Anonymous said...

I own no spatulas, Emily. How have I made it this long?
Leanne

Anonymous said...

The life of people who count their spatulas....:) Dad

MommaJen said...

Hi, my name is Emily and I'm addicted to spatulas. Just kidding, we all seem to have "our" thing! At least spatulas are small! And I love the LeCrueset ones --- good quality